TV Packs only

Issues with website

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#220717] Written by: indiadawwg [26/01/2015, 11:23]
First off - Thanks for your great work! Of course I should have said that sometime over the long time that I enjoyed the
site with no problems....
I'm getting 2 peers and 0 seeds from all the mirrors for various shows I'm trying to DL. Not sure if it's a site problem or
a settings problem. It happened before but I was able to get it to work by switching to a different mirror.
Any suggestions / explanation? Forgive me if you've answered this a million times but I wasn't able to find it here or
through Google.
J.
[#220838] Written by: leszek [01/02/2015, 16:15]
Can somebody, please, help me with an advice re: below? I'd be eternally grateful.
Sometime ago, this has started happening om my laptop, now it's also happening on my desktop:
When trying to access EZTV through Mozilla Firefox (Portable Edition); I'm getting a window with:

This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to eztv.it, but we can't confirm that your connection is
secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that
you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying
to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.
This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it
securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

There is no option of bypassing it, I can still access eztv-proxy.net (instead of regular address).
Trying to access EZTV through my Internet Explorer results in redirection to "search" page - it does
not want to take me in.

This is really frustrating, accessing EZTV and downloading TV shows is a great way of keeping up
with the world - many, many thanks for great work, but now I feel like this may be somehow in jeopardy.
With regards
Leszek - Australia
[#221051] Written by: kec789 [13/02/2015, 22:45]
So are we just going to have to keep dealing with the zillions of pop ups every time we visit here?
I have them blocked down as much as I can with some Firefox plug ins but this is still ridiculous.
They burst every time anything is clicked on pretty much.
[#221052] Written by: BoonesFerry [14/02/2015, 01:34]

Quote by kec789
So are we just going to have to keep dealing with the zillions of pop ups every time
we visit here? I have them blocked down as much as I can with some Firefox plug ins but this is
still ridiculous. They burst every time anything is clicked on pretty much.

Direct: https://eztv.ch/forum/
Proxy: https://eztv-proxy.net/

EZTV does NOT use popup adverts/spam.

If you are using a PROXY to reach eztv then THEY are adding the popups...not EZTV.
If you are using a proxy and a popup blocker then you don't have your popup blocker setup
correctly...set it to block ALL, and check your blockup exceptions list, remove anything eztv.

[#221053] Written by: scudsy [14/02/2015, 04:28]
Are you not moderating any more Boones? Be a shame if your not as you kept the trolls at bay.
PS - Pop ups - LOL Been using EZTV for long???
[#221054] Written by: scudsy [14/02/2015, 04:32]
Quote by leszek
Can somebody, please, help me with an advice re: below? I'd be eternally grateful.
Sometime ago, this has started happening om my laptop, now it's also happening on my desktop:
When trying to access EZTV through Mozilla Firefox (Portable Edition); I'm getting a window with:

This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to eztv.it, but we can't confirm that your connection is
secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that
you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying
to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.
This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it
securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

There is no option of bypassing it, I can still access eztv-proxy.net (instead of regular address).
Trying to access EZTV through my Internet Explorer results in redirection to "search" page - it does
not want to take me in.

This is really frustrating, accessing EZTV and downloading TV shows is a great way of keeping up
with the world - many, many thanks for great work, but now I feel like this may be somehow in jeopardy.
With regards
Leszek - Australia

Mate i'm in hearing you - Just in case you haven't figured it out yet use their new address -
https://eztv.ch
This will sort your problems out.
Peace
[#221221] Written by: bmacneil [21/02/2015, 11:44]
Does it make a difference whether or not I am logged in for privacy on torrent tracking. Lately i have download some new
Banshee (not logged in) and got copyright notices? Would I still be tracked if I was logged in? Thanks
[#221228] Written by: BoonesFerry [21/02/2015, 16:16]

Quote by bmacneil
Does it make a difference ... logged in ... copyright notices?

Being logged into eztv.it's website has absolutely
nothing to do with being visible in a torrent swarm.
One is NOT linked to the other in any way.

[#221232] Written by: echelonone [21/02/2015, 19:11]
EZTV used to be great. Now its just an infectious PoS. In other words its just a browser hijacking
popup Trojan spam-ware piece of crap site. Fix it or fuck off. This is related to the eztv-proxy.net
site; not the new eztv.ch site. https://eztv.ch is the new real site that doesn't pull that BS.
[#221234] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [21/02/2015, 20:16]
Quote by echelonone
EZTV used to be great. Now its just an infectious PoS. In other words its just a
browser hijacking
popup Trojan spam-ware piece of crap site. Fix it or fuck off. This is related to the eztv-proxy.net
site; not the new eztv.ch site. https://eztv.ch is the new real site that doesn't pull that BS.

Proxy site has nothing to do with us.
[#221250] Written by: StarkRG [22/02/2015, 20:08]
I think it's worth mentioning that the proxy site apparently has an autofilter so any time the real address
is mentioned it's changed to the proxy site. I
[#221251] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [22/02/2015, 20:27]
Quote by StarkRG
I think it's worth mentioning that the proxy site apparently has an autofilter so any
time the real address
is mentioned it's changed to the proxy site. I
[#221277] Written by: StarkRG [24/02/2015, 02:29]
1) I realize what the word "proxy" means, and I did find it a bit odd that it would have been used as the
main site. Not odd enough, however, to warrant digging deeper. After all the news post said it was the
correct address.

2) Why would you google something when you think you have the real information from what you think is a
reliable source (ie. a news post on the site in question)?
[#221279] Written by: NovaKing (Administrator) [24/02/2015, 02:46]
Quote by StarkRG
1) I realize what the word "proxy" means, and I did find it a bit odd that it would
have been used as the
main site. Not odd enough, however, to warrant digging deeper. After all the news post said it was the
correct address.

2) Why would you google something when you think you have the real information from what you think is a
reliable source (ie. a news post on the site in question)?

The fact that you know what "proxy" means, and still thought it was the main site is the exact
reason why i provided the google link.
[#221311] Written by: iman911 [25/02/2015, 12:00]
Are having trouble reaching our server quite often at the moment.

it syas: 521 server is offline.

Have to refresh several times to reach it and then once one is in it crashes quickly again. Seems there is quite
a few that has this problem.

Just want to inform you